What is Telehealth?
Telehealth is a way to have your counseling session from the privacy of your home or work from your desktop, laptop, tablet or mobile device (IOS or Android).
We are able to provide Telehealth through SimplePractice Video portal which utilizes a HIPAA compliant platform to ensure your privacy. HIPAA refers to the Health Insurance Portability Act which means that your personal information must be kept confidential. By utilizing an encrypted video portal, it prevents your session from being hacked or leaked.
While online sessions may not feel the same as live sessions, they can be equally as effective and helpful. For many, being able to have counseling from the safety and warmth of your home is quite appealing as you are surrounded not only by the objects you love but also your pets.
Absolutely! Online therapy for couple’s therapy and marriage counseling can be just as effective than traditional in-office therapy, especially during difficult times. Online therapy allows us to take away the limitations of timing and accessibility to get you started right away.
Once, you are set up as a patient in our office, your therapist will email you a unique and secure link to the Telehealth by SimplePractice video portal. At first the process may feel daunting but it is actually quite simple.
You can open the link from the browser on your computer or easily from your phone by downloading the “Telehealth by SimplePractice” app for IOS or Android.
A few things to keep in mind:
- Find a place that is quiet and private. Just like in a therapist’s office, the space needs to be private and free from distraction.
- The use of headphones/earbuds help with sound quality.
- Most wireless networks work well but if you have a wired connection available it is recommended.
- It is possible that at times the connection may lag or the video may freeze. All you have to do is disconnect and connect again via the link. If it does not work, the session can be continued over the phone.
- Please do not drive while participating in a session
** Due to laws set by the Board of National Social Workers, we are only able to provide therapy for clients living in the state of Florida**
As always, We are here to answer any other questions that you may have. We are looking forward to meeting you in this virtual way until our lives and communities return to their normal state. In the meantime, stay safe, utilize the precautions recommended by the CDC and do your part to keep everyone safe.